Dear Veradale Friends and Members,
How are you?Let me know if there are any concerns or joys you want me to add in prayer.
Do you want to read scripture for this Good Shepherd Sunday?
The Lilly Clergy Renewal Grant Request was sent yesterday!
It was great to have Colville UCC visit us last week. I have heard from two people who want you to know how much they appreciated the feeling of welcome our church gives.
This Sunday we have room on for in person as well as Zoom and Facebook.
We still follow our Covid Careful process
- Enter through front door (church wings will both be closed).
- Only the one bathroom by the front doors will be used.
- Temperature and names will be taken at the door.
- Masks are required (we will have masks for forgetful folk). No Face shields unlessthey include a cloth mask which MUST be worn over the nose. The new more contagious strain of covid requires us to be more vigilant. So, masks must be worn over the nose.
- Chairs are set at 6’ apart. Please, do not move chairs.
- The Bibles, Hymnals, pens, pencils, coloring pages are all removed from the sanctuary. If you want to print your own bulletin or bring your own Bible, that is fine.
- There will be absolutely no eating or drinking in the building.
- Singing in the sanctuaryis with masks on and seated.
I hope to see you on Sunday!
Join our Sunday Zoom Gathering
Meeting ID: 878 8402 0669
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,87884020669#,,,,*098021# US (Tacoma)
+16699009128,,87884020669#,,,,*098021# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 878 8402 0669
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcgymVnmzo
Veradale United Church of Christ
An Open & Affirming Congregation
Worshiping God in Christ – Welcoming All – Working for Justice & Peace
“No matter who you are, or where you are on life’s journey, you are welcome here!”
April 25, 2021• 10:30 a.m.
10:20 Gathering and Prelude
Wayne Shull, Music Director
Charlie Salt, Acolyte and AV
Naomi Hanvey Facebook Monitor
Scotty Patton, Zoom Monitor
10:30am Worship begins
God is with us. . . all the time! All the time . . . God is with us!
Passing the Peace of Christ and Welcoming the Light of Christ:
*Hymn: “I Sing a Song of the Saints of God” 295 (NCH)
- I sing a song of the saints of God, faithful their whole lives through, who bravely labored, lived, and died for the God they loved and knew. And one was a doctor, and one was a queen, and one was a shepherdess on the green: they were saints of God if you know what I mean. God help me to be one, too.
- They loved their God and they lived that love. It was loving that made them strong; They did what was right, for Jesus’ sake, lived justly their whole lives long. And one was a prophet, and one was a priest, and one was slain by a fierce wild beast; there is no earthly reason, none in the least, why I shouldn’t be one, too.
- They lived not only in ages past; there are hundreds of thousands still. The world is filled with living saints who choose to do God’s will. You can meet them in school, on the road or at sea, in church, in a train, in a shop, or at tea; for the saints are folk like you and like me, and I mean to be one, too.
Response: Amen, amen, amen
A Time of Offering
An Invitation to Share
Dedication Hymn: “Holy Ground”
CCLI license #11038266
We are standing on holy ground and I know that there are angles all around. Let us praise Jesus now. We are standing in his presence on holy ground.
Good Shepherd, you lead us on the path of peace, we thank you with humble hearts. Bless these offerings. May they bring the fulfillment of your vision of a just peace within our lives and our communities. Amen
Listening for God
The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures;
he leads me beside still waters;
he restores my soul.
He leads me in right paths
for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I fear no evil;
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff—
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
my whole life long.
1 John 3:16-24 New Revised Standard Version
We know love by this, that he laid down his life for us—and we ought to lay down our lives for one another. How does God’s love abide in anyone who has the world’s goods and sees a brother or sister[a] in need and yet refuses help?
Little children, let us love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action. And by this we will know that we are from the truth and will reassure our hearts before him whenever our hearts condemn us; for God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. Beloved, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have boldness before God; and we receive from him whatever we ask, because we obey his commandments and do what pleases him.
And this is his commandment, that we should believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us. All who obey his commandments abide in him, and he abides in them. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit that he has given us.
John 10:1-10 New Revised Standard Version
“Very truly, I tell you, anyone who does not enter the sheepfold by the gate but climbs in by another way is a thief and a bandit. The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep hear his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice. They will not follow a stranger, but they will run from him because they do not know the voice of strangers.” Jesus used this figure of speech with them, but they did not understand what he was saying to them.
So again Jesus said to them, “Very truly, I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. All who came before me are thieves and bandits; but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the gate. Whoever enters by me will be saved, and will come in and go out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
Message: “Let us love in truth and action”
Our Light moves into the World God Loves
Hymn “How Firm a Foundation”
Melody 407(NCH) Words below
1 How firm a foundation, you saints of the Lord, is laid for your faith in his excellent Word! What more can he say than to you he has said, to you who for refuge to Jesus have fled?
2 “Fear not, I am with you, O be not dismayed; for I am your God and will still give you aid; I’ll strengthen you, help you, and cause you to stand, upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand.
3 “When through the deep waters I call you to go, the rivers of sorrow shall not overflow; for I will be with you, your troubles to bless, and sanctify to you your deepest distress.
4 “When through fiery trials your pathway shall lie, my grace, all-sufficient, shall be your supply; the flame shall not hurt you; I only design your dross to consume and your gold to refine.
5 “The soul that on Jesus has leaned for repose, I will not, I will not desert to his foes; that soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake, I’ll never, no never, no never forsake.”
Benediction and Love Round
Love, love, love, love, Christians this is your call. Love your neighbor as yourself for God loves us all.
Please, remember offerings can be given through the church website at https://veradaleucc.org
There is an orange donate button on the right side of the page.
send checks to Veradale UCC, 611N Progress Road, Spokane Valley, WA 99037
We are Facebook on Tuesday mornings from 9am to 9:30am. Drop in to the Facebook prayer time or pause for a moment wherever you are and offer up prayers of gratitude and concern.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255 Available 24 hours a day in English and Spanish.