Every Sunday 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM (PDT)
On Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/VeradaleUCC/
Please join our worship from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (872) 240-3212
Access Code: 361-630-909
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts:
Veradale United Church of Christ
An Open & Affirming Congregation
Worshiping God in Christ – Welcoming All – Working for Justice & Peace
“No matter who you are, or where you are on life’s journey, you are welcome here!”
Sunday, July 26, 2020 • 10:30 a.m.
Prelude: Special Guest Musician, Michael Pflieger
10:30am Worship begins:
God is everywhere . . all the time! All the time . . . God is everywhere
Passing the Peace of Christ and Welcoming the Light of Christ
Hymn: “Come Oh Fount of Every Blessing”
“Come, O Fount” 459(NCH)
- Come, O Fount of every blessing, tune my heart to sing your grace. Streams of mercy, never ceasing, call for songs of endless praise. Teach me some melodious sonnet, sung by flaming tongues above. Praise the mount; I’m fixed upon it,
mount of God’s unfailing love.
- Here I pause from my sojourning, giving thanks for having come, come to trust at every turning, God will guide me safely home. Jesus sought me when a stranger, wandering from the fold of God, came to rescue me from danger, blessed body, precious blood.
- Oh, to grace, how great a debtor, daily I am drawn anew! Let that grace now, like a fetter, bind my wandering heart to you. Prone to wander, I can feel it, wander from the love I’ve know. Here’s my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for your very own.
Response: Amen, amen, amen
A Time of Offering
An Invitation to Share
*Dedication 780 (NCH) Public Domain
Praise God from whom all blessing flow. Praise God all creatures here below. Praise God above, you heavenly hosts: Creator, Christ, and Holy Ghost.
We thank you, Beloved God, for your presence throughout our lives. Bless the offerings we give this day and always. May your light shine through us and goodness be know among us. Amen
Listening for God
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words. And God, who searches the heart, knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn within a large family. And those whom he predestined he also called; and those whom he called he also justified; and those whom he justified he also glorified.
What then are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us? He who did not withhold his own Son, but gave him up for all of us, will he not with him also give us everything else? Who will bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? It is Christ Jesus, who died, yes, who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who indeed intercedes for us. Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will hardship, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written,
“For your sake we are being killed all day long;
we are accounted as sheep to be slaughtered.”
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Matthew 13:31-33, 44-52
He put before them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed that someone took and sowed in his field; it is the smallest of all the seeds, but when it has grown it is the greatest of shrubs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches.”
He told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that a woman took and mixed in with three measures of flour until all of it was leavened.”
“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which someone found and hid; then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.
“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls; on finding one pearl of great value, he went and sold all that he had and bought it.
“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was thrown into the sea and caught fish of every kind; when it was full, they drew it ashore, sat down, and put the good into baskets but threw out the bad. So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous and throw them into the furnace of fire, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
“Have you understood all this?” They answered, “Yes.” 52 And he said to them, “Therefore every scribe who has been trained for the kingdom of heaven is like the master of a household who brings out of his treasure what is new and what is old.”
Message: No Separation from God
Our Light moves into the World God Loves
Hymn: “Amazing Grace”
- Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost, but now am found, was blind but now I see
- T’was grace that taught my heart to fear and grace, my fears relieved. How precious did that grace appear the hour I first believed
- Through many dangers, toils and snares I have already come ‘tis grace that brought me safe thus far and grace will lead me home
- My God has promised good to me, whose word my hope secures; God will my shield and portion be as long as life endures.
- When we’ve been there ten thousand years, bright shining as the sun, we’ve no less days to sing God’s praise than when we’d first begun.
*Benediction and “Love Round”
Love, love, love, love, Christians this is your call. Love your neighbor as yourself for God loves us all.
Please, remember offerings can be given through the church website at https://veradaleucc.org
There is an orange donate button on the right side of the page.
send checks to Veradale UCC, 611N Progress Road, Spokane Valley, WA 99037
Chronicles of Corona
Tuesday at 9:30am to 10am on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VeradaleUCC/
on Facebook every Tuesday morning from 9am to 9:25am https://www.facebook.com/VeradaleUCC/